The Royal Marines Ethos has three components:
- The Commando Mindset
- Be first to understand; the first to adapt and respond; and the first to overcome.
- The Commando Values in Life
- Excellence. Strive to do better.
- Integrity. Tell the truth.
- Self-Discipline. Resist the easy option.
- Humility. Respect the rights, diversity and contribution of others.
- The Commando Spirit
- Courage. Get out front and do what is right.
- Determination. Never give up.
- Unselfishness. Oppo first; Team second; Self last.
- Cheerfulness in the face of adversity. Make humour the heart of morale.
It’s just a state of mind.